Someone please HELP!!!!!!!

Pics
Just to be clear, I have seen the digestive paralysis in my some of my Marek's birds, but I have not seen it improve.

-Kathy

How is she doing otherwise? Is she starting to gain weight?

-Kathy

Hey Kathy, she is doing the same. Still perky/eating/drinking. Normal looking poops, but she still isn't 100% yet. Her WBC is up so maybe that's why. I am not sure why she would be anemic though. She is not gaining weight, but she's not loosing anymore. I havnt tubed her in 2 days just to see how she's doing. Who knows....maybe Mereks maybe not.

Have you searched for poultry diseases that cause anemia?

-Kathy

No not yet. Lymphocytes and anemia is what she has. I googled lymphocytes and found something about lymphocytes and heat, but it was really hard to understand. Vet said it could have been coccidiosis with a secondary infection. I could understand if she had coccidiosis her having anemia if she was bleeding, but she wasn't. Maybe the digested blood comes out as almost black/green in birds?? I dunno

I found chicken anemia, but that depletes the Lymphocytes. So I am not sure. If her signs were more clear for Mereks, I would have her put down, but they aren't clear so we re stuck in limbo trying to figure it out.

You have a good vet and you have a good knowledge base.  Good thing.
My latest skinny bird I've just named "Mangia".  I will have to spell it right, LOL

I really lucked out. The vet I found used to do the necrosis on chickens at UC davis, so she was really filled with a lot of knowledge. Plus she came into the room and was like "ahhhh I love chickens!" That made me smile.

Have you searched for poultry diseases that cause anemia?

-Kathy

No not yet. Lymphocytes and anemia is what she has. I googled lymphocytes and found something about lymphocytes and heat, but it was really hard to understand. Vet said it could have been coccidiosis with a secondary infection. I could understand if she had coccidiosis her having anemia if she was bleeding, but she wasn't. Maybe the digested blood comes out as almost black/green in birds?? I dunno

There's no doubt when the blood is fresh, we all know what that looks like, lol. I have seen some very dark poops, and don't laugh, but I could have sworn that I smelled blood, so I think it's possible that some dark poops could have blood in them.

-Kathy

There's no doubt when the blood is fresh, we all know what that looks like, lol. I have seen some very dark poops, and don't laugh, but I could have sworn that I smelled blood, so I think it's possible that some dark poops could have blood in them.

-Kathy

Hey no judging here....blood has a very distinct smell. Yeah I think in humans the darker it is the longer it's been in the digestive system. I think though, not positive. Unfortunately this is part of owning chickens. Get attached to the little boogers then something happens that can potentially wipe out a flock. :rolleyes: I will just have to wait to see. My vet said normally when they start to show symptoms of Mereks to the time they pass away from in is normally a month or less.

I have several with Marek's eyes that have had them for well over a year. Also have two that are looking wobbly that I'm keeping an eye on.

-Kathy

I have several with Marek's eyes that have had them for well over a year. Also have two that are looking wobbly that I'm keeping an eye on.

-Kathy

I know it's caught through dander, but I truly believe she has had this for a while. I read that the birds can carry it. I have a ton of blue jays, do you think that's where it could have been caught??

Back
Top Bottom