Someone please HELP!!!!!!!

I agree with Dawg and Eggcessive.  Treat for Coccidiosis.  Get Corid or Sulfadimethoxine.  It's the most common illness in young birds.

Ok. I sent my husband to go get some. She just stands there with her eyes closed. I give her water through a 3cc syringe and also she ate a scrambled egg earlier. Any other suggestions??

Ok.. I have the liquid. Is she moderate dosage?

Originally Posted by casportpony

Due to some confusion on dose amounts regarding the powder, I decided to do some research and this is what I have so far. For those of you that use powder Corid, if you have been using 1/2 teaspoon per gallon (~270mg) you haven't been using enough.

The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid Powder is 1/3 teaspoon.
The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid liquid is 1/2 teaspoon.

The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid Powder is 3/4 teaspoon.
The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid liquid is 1 teaspoon.

The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid Powder is 1.5 teaspoons
The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid liquid is 2 teaspoon.

Give her a drop or two of the liquid undiluted just to get some in her now. You can do it again tomorrow if she won't drink well. Corid will not harm her even if her problem isn't cocci. After 5 day treatment, you will want to give her vitamins and probiotics for several more days.

Give her a drop or two of the liquid undiluted just to get some in her now. You can do it again tomorrow if she won't drink well. Corid will not harm her even if her problem isn't cocci. After 5 day treatment, you will want to give her vitamins and probiotics for several more days.

Eggcessive....is it ok to de worm her and use corid at the same time. I will be using Valbazen for her.

I just checked on her. She will not lay down even with the light off. That has to be a sign of something, but I just don't know what. Anybody have any suggestions. I got her to eat last night some of her food and she drank a good couple of slips of water. but I am still worried about her :(

Back
Top Bottom