Someone please help!

brandy6810

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 16, 2014
ENM, MD
I have 9 cyuga duck eggs in my incubator all formed embryos Sunday was my lock down date on day 24 of incubation. I got ansy last night since there's no signs of hatching no peeps coming from inside no cracks no nothing so I candled them last night to see if any internal piping was taking place... Anyway I forgot to turn the incubator back on! This morning the temp had dropped to 68!!!! Did this kill the babies!??

I have 9 cyuga duck eggs in my incubator all formed embryos Sunday was my lock down date on day 24 of incubation. I got ansy last night since there's no signs of hatching no peeps coming from inside no cracks no nothing so I candled them last night to see if any internal piping was taking place... Anyway I forgot to turn the incubator back on! This morning the temp had dropped to 68!!!! Did this kill the babies!??

How many hours? You may get lucky. Embryos can survive longer if the heat is lower than if it is to high. Good luck.

How many hours? You may get lucky. Embryos can survive longer if the heat is lower than if it is to high. Good luck.

The internal temp of the egg would be higher than the incubator temps, especially at this stage, as they are producing a bit of their own heat. Don't give up yet.

Back
Top Bottom