Someone put my mind at ease

Ashnicole4

Chirping
Aug 10, 2021
I ended up with one cockerel out of my pullet haul this spring already and now I think I’m paranoid. These two are the only ones that have me worrying right now. Can someone put my mind at ease and tell me I have nothing to worry about? Lol they are 6 weeks old, one lavender Orpington and one GLW. It’s just the pink/red that is throwing me and the size of the wattles/comb on the LO.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The GLW is a pullet! Not too good with orpingtons although I think that it is a cockerel as it has some decent amount of wattle growth and they are known for being slow maturing chickens. But it is a bit too early to tell for the lavender orp. Hopefully it’s a pullet!

Females at 6 weeks hold there yellow comb despite the size.

Those 2 would be males if your seeing pinkish red color on there comb.
😬 I certainly hope not but hoping it’s just me. Thank you for the reply! I’ll be able to wait it out until I know for sure. I just won’t have enough hens for more than one rooster and I hate to get attached.

The GLW is a pullet! Not too good with orpingtons although I think that it is a cockerel as it has some decent amount of wattle growth and they are known for being slow maturing chickens. But it is a bit too early to tell for the lavender orp. Hopefully it’s a pullet!
I’ve heard Orpingtons are notoriously difficult to sex. I have two and this one just has a noticeably larger comb and slightly larger wattles with more pink but hoping she’s just a quick developer. My favorelle cockerel was easy to spot due to feathering/color.

Back
Top Bottom