Someone shot my dog!!!!

That is HORRIBLE and inexcusable!!!!! I would be on a mad tear to find that person!!! DO NOT HURT MY ANIMALS!

I came home one day to find one of my pups OUTSIDE the fence. Checked the entire fence line (2.5 acres was time consuming) - no holes. Someone had to have opened the gate and LET her out.
tongue.gif

In most places if your dog gets hit by a vehicle and causes damage to the vehicle the dog owner is liable for the damage.

Sorry your dog got shot and im glad its going to be ok

Quote:
Lucky!!! someone poisoned my dog!
hit.gif
She is about to die! we were looking for a vet but they're all closed! (they don't open on sundays) so I guess the only thing we can do is watch her die!
hit.gif
hit.gif
She will not drink, eat, or stand up. She's just laying on the grass
sad.png
this has been an aweful day! She was my closest friend and now she's going to leave me
hit.gif

That is horrible! Call the police and file a report. I bet other people in your area have had this happen to their dogs.

Last edited:
Quote:
hit.gif
She is about to die! we were looking for a vet but they're all closed! (they don't open on sundays) so I guess the only thing we can do is watch her die!
hit.gif
hit.gif
sad.png
this has been an aweful day! She was my closest friend and now she's going to leave me
hit.gif

My dog is recovering!
wee.gif
woot.gif
she started to eat, drink, and WALK!!!
celebrate.gif
but the only bad thing is that she threw up a lot and now she is VERY skinny!!!!! you can see her bones!!!!! any advice on how I can recover her weight????
sad.png

Quote:
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
sad.png
hit.gif

My dog is recovering!
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
but the only bad thing is that she threw up a lot and now she is VERY skinny!!!!! you can see her bones!!!!! any advice on how I can recover her weight????
sad.png

Did you take her to the vet??? What happened?? What would help her recover depends on what made her ill in the first place. With vomitting or tender GI bland food such as chicken and rice baby food or if you boil your own mix it with some broth for fluids.
Poor baby--hope she's OK
fl.gif

Quote:
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
sad.png
hit.gif

My dog is recovering!
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
sad.png

Does she have all her shots? Parvo can kill a dog quickly.

Last edited:
Our chow golden mix came back one time with an arrow hole in his side
somad.gif
The arrow had come out, but we found the hole because there was blood on his hair. Man, was that an expensive treatment... Our vet isn't as kind as yours, plus they charged us when we had to go back because THEIR stitches didn't hold together
he.gif
It seriously annoyed us, but what were e going to do?

We don't know who shot our dog, but he was extremely lucky, as it grazed his side, directly next to his lung - they were shooting down on him from a tree stand, and luckily they weren't too good a shot. It wasn't even hunting season yet, plus our dogs always went out with their bright orange vests on at our old house.

SO glad your dog is going to be alright! This crap gets me
somad.gif
somad.gif
!!

If they eat poison you generally want them to throw up. There are a few exceptions which is why it's good to call a poison control number and get advice but that's generally the first thing the vet will do. You should keep something on hand to induce vomiting in both animals and people for instances like this.

If a dog comes on my property it's getting shot. I'll make an exception if I hear someone calling for it, I've gone through some extreme effort to help people catch their loose dog, or the dog is friendly, with tags, and not harassing my animals. Then I'll return it once or possibly shoot it with the paintball gun instead. Not everyone will. If my dog wanders off there is a good chance she will be shot. I talked to the neighbor with sheep when I got her so he would hopefully hold off shooting her and call me instead so long as she wasn't harassing his sheep. If she goes near the road she will get hit. I will not be upset with people when that happens. I will be upset with me or whoever let her escape. If your dog goes off your property it's no one's fault if they get injured except yours. In fact the law here is worded to encourage the killing of stray dogs on your property and goes so far as to say it's the duty of animal control or law enforcement to shoot dogs without rabies tags found on someone else's property. There are far too many people letting dogs run loose out here in the country and a few packs of dogs gone wild doing serious damage. Expect your dog to die if it's wandering out here. You're lucky if it comes back with a bullet wound that it can live through. Now if someone shot my dog on my property they may be having bullets removed from themselves.....

Quote:
My dog is recovering!
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
sad.png

Does she have all her shots? Parvo can kill a dog quickly.

Yes she has ALL her shots

Quote:
Yes I know it was good for her to throw up but the bad thing is that she threw up a lot and now she is really skinny! I'll post pics so u can see
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom