Someone shot my dog!!!!

Do you allow your dog to run loose?? Was the dog chasing a child?? Was your dog on someone else's property?? Was your dog chasing your neighbor's chickens?? It is amazing to me how people will let their dogs run loose and get surprised when they get injured, shot, or killed. I am not saying you would ever neglect or want your dog to get injured---I can tell you LOVE your dog because of the immediate care you gave your dog!!! CONGRATS to you......but I am totally taking over your thread giving my opinions of uncaring dog owners---I guess I am tired of cleaning our weekly garbage when we put it out because the neighbors unrestrained dogs are allowed to do whatever they want!!! ( we have 6 fenced dogs) Best of luck for a speedy recovery............!!

Have you found out how your dog got out? It sucks that he got shot and I hope he gets better. I know I'd be heartbroken if my dog got shot. But if someone at home let him out without securing him properly they should be taking responsibility for it. Either paying the vet bill or if it was a kid then the allowance pays a portion of the bill, extra chores, and helping nurse the dog back to health.

My 16 year old brought home a pup (she did save it's life from a horrible storm). I told her the vaccinations will be paid with her allowance. We will pay for everything else of course but she has to feel the financial responsibility of pets. We had already said absolutely no more animals. But this was a huge exception. This pup should not have been separated from it's mother yet and would not have survived. He's cute too.

I had to put a lock on my gate to remind the children to keep the gate shut. This made the kids stop and think before they entered and exited the gate. It was a pain but worth the effort.

I'm sorry the dog is hurt. If the dog was at roam, on someone else's property, yeah that happens often. Especially if people have livestock. Be glad the dog is home and alive. Most of my neighbors with livestock do not use pellet guns, they use shotguns on loose dogs.

After you've seen what a stray can do to your livestock, you take a real dim view of dogs at roam. I lost 14 chickens this year to one dog on a rampage. Didn't eat a single one just slaughtered one after another leaving their carcasses all over the yard.

I got the Pyrs shortly there after and haven't had a problem since but I wouldn't be using a pellet gun and it won't go home again, if it comes back.

If your dog was shot by some a.... kid on your property behind your own fences then I'm really sorry about it and HOPE you do find him.

Quote:
Good idea!!! I need to do this for my husband. The only time the dogs have gotten out is when he doesn't shut the gate. Our pets are our "children" and it is our responsibility to keep them safe. I warned him if there is a "next time" he'd better sleep with one eye open.
rant.gif

I am so sorry!!
hugs.gif
I am glad that your dog is ok!!! That was nice of your vet to not charge more...especially being an emergenvy visit. One of our dogs was shot in the chest with a pellet gun (wish I knew who it was!
somad.gif
). It didn't go deep as it hit her sternum and was stuck between the skin and the sternum. But, she was fenced and to be able to her her in the sternum, she would have to have been laying down on her side!
rant.gif
somad.gif
Some people....
smack.gif

Last edited:
Scout's Birds :

I came home from my son's football game this afternoon to my dog sitting on the front porch. My stepdaughter was home so I just figured that she had let him out for a while. We all noticed he was limping and whining so I started checking him over and came up with blood on my hand. I called the local vet and got the answering service - of course the office is closed and now it's an emergency call. Scout and I load up in he truck and meet the Doc at the office. She checked him over and took X-rays - sure enough, there's a pellet just plain as day. It went in the front of his right shoulder and is lodged next to a rib just behind the shoulder. The vet was absolutely wonderful with Scout, and only charged me $245.

The money doesn't really bother me - yeah, my hunting season is now not going to happen, and I may have to juggle bills until the middle of the month, but at least I know my dog is OK. What really bothers me is the simple fact that some dirty rotten (explative) (foul word) (censored) (naughty) (could get banned for saying this) person SHOT MY DOG! I think I know who it is, but I can't prove it.

I am going to call my State Trooper buddy and have him knock on some doors, but I kind-of hope he does'nt tell me who it was if he finds out. Like I said, it's not about the money. But you can be sure that if I find out who pulled the trigger, I am going to take it out of thier backside.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I just had to get it out. He is on 3 different meds, and I have been almost obsessing over him since we got home. Lots of lovin, and some good treats for him tonight.
wink.png

Lucky!!! someone poisoned my dog!
hit.gif
She is about to die! we were looking for a vet but they're all closed! (they don't open on sundays) so I guess the only thing we can do is watch her die!
hit.gif
hit.gif
She will not drink, eat, or stand up. She's just laying on the grass
sad.png
this has been an aweful day! She was my closest friend and now she's going to leave me
hit.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Small Animal Emergency Clinic
5127 Canyon Dr
Amarillo, TX 79110-3037
(806) 352-2277‎

4119 Business Park Dr
Amarillo, Texas 79110
806-352-2277

I hope you can get help in time to save your friend.
hugs.gif

Quote:
5127 Canyon Dr
Amarillo, TX 79110-3037
(806) 352-2277ý

4119 Business Park Dr
Amarillo, Texas 79110
806-352-2277

I hope you can get help in time to save your friend.
hugs.gif

Thank you very much!!!! I really appreciate it!!!
big_smile.png
I will get in contact with them

Quote:
I had a dog get hit by a car. It annoyed me that the truck didn't even pull over to see if my dog was okay. In the end, I can only blame myself. My dog was an escape artist but I was the owner. It was my job to keep her away from the road. So, I am angrier at myself then the driver.

To the OP, was the dog running loose or was he on your own property?

When our dog Tucker (a big GSD) was hit, the girl was nice enough to stop. He ran across the road in pursuit of a chicken killing fox that was in our yard. I ran out the front door just in time to watch him bounce off her front bumper and go skidding a few feet then lay still. He got up and the girl got out of her car all hysterical and apologizing like crazy. I actually had to calm HER down while I was attending to Tucker. When we rushed him to the vet, it turned out the big guy just had a nasty scrape on his front leg and some bruising!

We had someone hit one of our turkey hens that blindly ran across the road once. She was nice enough to pull over as the turkey ran into our front yard and collapsed dead. I felt horrible for her, since she was upset and had little kids in the car too.

I play "reverse frogger" trying to avoid running over the frogs when they are hopping across the roads in the spring to lay eggs, and I slow down for the dumb suicidal squirrels. I couldn't imagine hitting someone's dog and then just driving along like that. I'd be a mess!

Back
Top Bottom