Someone tell me I did the right thing, I feel so bad right now

It is true, you did the responsible thing. When that turkey grew up there is no doubt in my mind that something worse could have happened to him becuse he would have been vulnerable. I'm so sorry for your loss, when you have animals these things just happen. Don't feel bad for getting attached, all of may animals know me and I know all of them, they know I love them and I provide the best care that I can. For surely you saved that turkey a lot of pain and suffering. You did the right thing. So sorry for your loss...

- Quail's Hollar Farm

You absolutely did the right thing. Turkeys are pretty neat birds, and the fact that he was friendly to you shows that you took great care of him. So sorry about the pain, but it is part of raising animals.

I can't imagine anyone could possibly think otherwise. You gave it your best shot, sometimes it just doesn't work out, but you tried. Hang in there.

Everyone, Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm feeling better today, but it was a hard day at work. Kept going over the what ifs. I have hunted all my life and I worked on both my grandfather's and uncles farms. I've had to do this before many times, but this one really screwed me up. I know I did the right thing, but we miss him (my wife and I). Over the years we have fostered many abused chinese shar pei's and have a place for them out back when they pass. We take in the old ones that no one wants. Some are not with us for a very long time due to age and abuse, but the time they have we make the best of for them. We put him back there with the dogs since he was a pet and had become part of the family.

Just so you know. I'm a long haired, tattooed, burly old biker. I must be getting pretty soft in my old age...it's a good and bad thing.

Anyway, thank you again.

I have a young roo that is sweet as pie living in a box in between vet visits. His day is coming. I have to call the vet tomorrow to let him know our latest intervention didnt work. I am there with you and understand that my day is coming soon with him. It's very hard and very necessary and nothing will make it suck less, but you know we are lucky to have them while we do.

You did so much for this bird. More than a lot of people would or could do. You gave him more life than fate arranged for him. I hope you feel better soon.

To all those that are going though this or something similar, my heart goes out to you all
hugs.gif
You are such great support. Fantastic people here. Best forum I have ever found.

Back
Top Bottom