Someone tell me it's ok.

Bornacentury2L8

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Cartersville, Ga.
I set 2 dozen eggs in the bator last night, But every farm supply place in the area has chicks. I can't go near one of those places or I'll come home with one of every breed! It's only 21 days , right? i can wait, right? On the other hand I do need a picture for my avatar....yea and none of my eggs may hatch... and if they do hatch it would be nice for them to have older siblings to keep the bullies at bay...See!? Who am i kidding. I'll post pics as soon as I pick up my new chicks...(sigh)
roll.png

Yes its ok. At least you admit defeat. Your also gonna need something to keep you busy for the 21 day wait...Right? Thats what I thought.

Dont feel bad.My son got me a chick for Easter last year,he thought it would be funny & cute.I had been talking about getting chickens,but wasnt ready.I now have about 30-40 chickens.some we bought & some we've hatched.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm in Ellijay.

Just think the chicks you get today will be pratice for the chicks you hatch later. Just think how bad it would be to have some thing go wrong after youhatch (not that it will) but pratice make perfect.
thumbsup.gif

If what's in the incubator is the breed that you decided that you want,
you should seriously consider waiting the three weeks to see what happens in the incubator, Buying from your "farm supply place" is a crap shoot. I suggest your making up your mind exactly how many and what breed(s) chickens you want and STICK TO IT. Face it, unless you're planning to sell eggs, in a few years your hens are going to be pets only, not pets that lay eggs for you.

Back
Top Bottom