Someone tell me...

OMG... i so hope what I said didn’t come off as angry... ugh... so sorry ... yes i am sure you were not saying any of that for sure .. ugh I think I reacted bc I had a neighbor who walked over the other day while my hubby and I were in the duck run.. enjoying them and then told me a story about how her friend had children who had taken the ducklings after they were incubated in class home ... the 2 ducklings imprinted on them very much so.. would wait For the little boy to get home from school and when the bus dropped him off the ducklings would walk him to the house the ducks lived in the house with the family ... well after about 4 months when winter came they thought “ well we can’t keep them more now” and brought them to a pond and left them... the duck s chard jen car down the road after them... and they never turned nice turned back to get them ... I was so so so so so upset by this story ... so I think you got my feelings about the mistreatment of animals ... gosh I hope I wasn’t mean sounding ... if so I’m sorry. 🙁

You guys are all so so helpful.. and kind. Ugh that story... 😞
Waaah!! That is so sad! It is very hard to hear stories like that. Hopefully some kind people noticed that those ducks didn't belong on their own and rescued them.

OMG... i so hope what I said didn’t come off as angry... ugh... so sorry ... yes i am sure you were not saying any of that for sure .. ugh I think I reacted bc I had a neighbor who walked over the other day while my hubby and I were in the duck run.. enjoying them and then told me a story about how her friend had children who had taken the ducklings after they were incubated in class home ... the 2 ducklings imprinted on them very much so.. would wait For the little boy to get home from school and when the bus dropped him off the ducklings would walk him to the house the ducks lived in the house with the family ... well after about 4 months when winter came they thought “ well we can’t keep them more now” and brought them to a pond and left them... the duck s chard jen car down the road after them... and they never turned nice turned back to get them ... I was so so so so so upset by this story ... so I think you got my feelings about the mistreatment of animals ... gosh I hope I wasn’t mean sounding ... if so I’m sorry. 🙁

You guys are all so so helpful.. and kind. Ugh that story... 😞
And see.. in my opinion those ducks would've been better off on the dinner table than thrown out like that. Probably got devoured by a predator straight away.

I didn't see your post as angry, but since you mentioned in the context that you are vegan, that leads me to believe you feel raising animals for meat is inhumane.
I have to say another way to look at it is, it ends up being more inhumane in a lot of instances to support the pet population of breeds like these with known health issues.

And see.. in my opinion those ducks would've been better off on the dinner table than thrown out like that. Probably got devoured by a predator straight away.

I didn't see your post as angry, but since you mentioned in the context that you are vegan, that leads me to believe you feel raising animals for meat is inhumane.
I have to say another way to look at it is, it ends up being more inhumane in a lot of instances to support the pet population of breeds like these with known health issues.
No, I don’t think eating animals is inhumane ... it’s in how we treat them when they are alive ... altering to make them bigger for our greedy desire is the part that I find inhumane , and .. factory farming practices are also inhumane.
Now, that being said - I don’t believe i have a right to take an animal’s life for our needs..but that is just my opinion and would never ask anyone else to think as I do.
As far as “the ducks would have been better on the table” ... well I like to think that we as humans can do better then to be a different kind of predator . In my humble opinion..Both options are really the same be slaughtered or be slaughtered... the difference is that we can and should be able to do better then a hawk or racoon to our fellow living beings.
💝💝

I've been vegan for about 35 years. Maybe I am not a typical vegan. But I think it is the pushy radical vegans who get a lot of attention and give us all our reputation. I do not feel that raising animals for meat is inhumane. I do dislike factory farms.

The pet industry is so controversial I'm not sure I should get into it aside from saying that I fully agree with you and will only adopt. My pekin is adopted. As are my dog, goats, and cats.

No, I don’t think eating animals is inhumane ... it’s in how we treat them when they are alive ... altering to make them bigger for our greedy desire is the part that I find inhumane , and .. factory farming practices are also inhumane.
Now, that being said - I don’t believe i have a right to take an animal’s life for our needs..but that is just my opinion and would never ask anyone else to think as I do.
As far as “the ducks would have been better on the table” ... well I like to think that we as humans can do better then to be a different kind of predator . In my humble opinion..Both options are really the same be slaughtered or be slaughtered... the difference is that we can and should be able to do better then a hawk or racoon to our fellow living beings.
💝💝

A fellow reasonable vegan??!! <3 You actually exist? I thought maybe I was the only one! Lol!!!

Ain't a thang wrong with being vegan.
I'm not bashing anyone having pekin ducks as pets neither.
But I do think people should know what to expect when they're expecting. (Like Impulse buying cute little yeller ducklings out of the feed store bin) lol.
It's all the same to me one way or another. I keep Call ducks and that breed has been inbred and line bred to death to the point some can't even hatch normal. 🤷
All in the name of what people view as desirable wether that be food or eye candy.
Anyway... Back to our scheduled program. 😋
@Here come the ducks
Put those poop bombers outside! 🤣

Ain't a thang wrong with being vegan.
I'm not bashing anyone having pekin ducks as pets neither.
But I do think people should know what to expect when they're expecting. (Like Impulse buying cute little yeller ducklings out of the feed store bin) lol.
It's all the same to me one way or another. I keep Call ducks and that breed has been inbred and line bred to death to the point some can't even hatch normal. 🤷
All in the name of what people view as desirable wether that be food or eye candy.
Anyway... Back to our scheduled program. 😋
@Here come the ducks
Put those poop bombers outside! 🤣
Haha... speaking of the poop bombers... I have them outside now... with baby monitor in full gear!! ☹️
I’m still bringing them inside at night ... one more week!!
Lolol

A fellow reasonable vegan??!! <3 You actually exist? I thought maybe I was the only one! Lol!!!
Yes!! We do get a bad reputation!! I actually cook meat for my guests... and my dog... 🤭
I just prefer not to eat it ... but I feel I have no right to impose my beliefs on anyone .. everyone has a right to their feelings and decisions.. so yes!! You have found a match.
Lolol

Back
Top Bottom