someone wants to buy my chicken feathers...LOL

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I heard that people were cutting rooster feathers at poultry shows cause feathers are all the rage..

well my friend just emailed me asking me to send her any and all feathers that have fallen and she will pay me for them.... LOL ummmmm OK

whats the next craze gonna be?... dog fur sweaters?

They are coloring normal feathers. At first it was just fancy feathers from select birds. My daughter got purple feathers the last time she got her hair done. The lady even said the feathers came from her birds.

We do keep pretty feathers for crafts & I trade them for credit for hairbows. When I collect them I freeze them for a wk --- take them out & freeze them again.

When I taught I would buy feathers for school crafts & always felt they were WAY expensive. Free feathers from someone's coop would have been better!

A friend at Church was telling me she's gonna get some. I offered her some and she laughed at me! I've got golden laced wyandottes, they're gorgeous!
Go ahead, pay for dyed pigeon feathers, I don't care.

Quote:
Take her some anyway and I'll bet she'll be sorry she laughed. GLWs have beautiful feathers, much nicer than what they're using.

Quote:
Go for it Dar, make a few bucks.

I've seen several women with the long skinny rooster feathers in their hair. When done well I think it looks nice. This last weekend I saw 1 woman with several regular short fat feathers, in her hair. To each their own, but I thought it looked like a keychain.
lol.png

Imp- sorry I can't remember the feather names.
hmm.png

Quote:

I've seen several women with the long skinny rooster feathers in their hair. When done well I think it looks nice. This last weekend I saw 1 woman with several regular short fat feathers, in her hair. To each their own, but I thought it looked like a keychain.
lol.png

hmm.png

to me when ppl put feathers in their hair it reminds me of Dog the bounty hunter.....LOL

Quote:

lol.png

hmm.png

to me when ppl put feathers in their hair it reminds me of Dog the bounty hunter.....LOL

lau.gif
gig.gif
That was my first hought when the babysitter walked into my house with them in her hair! she paid $30 for 2!
ep.gif

I have a huge variety of colors, sizes and widths in my back yard she could have had for free! We went to a local jewlery store and saw some amazing feather jewlery that I could easily make with the teenager feathers that my pekin is currently losing for about 1/4 what I would have paid in the store. Trends are amazing and more amazing is what people will pay for them.

Back
Top Bottom