Something attacked my chickens!

There is still the matter of a new large hole. Does that sound like something a weasel would do?

Found a large hole in the side of the barn. Put cinder blocks in front of it to keep it out. Also found large hole in the ground not far from the new hole in the barn. Not sure what lives down there, but that's what got ny chickens.

Attachments

• 0709201442a.jpg
    0709201442a.jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 0709201415.jpg
    0709201415.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 6
I think it's a racoon. I'm gonna put some hardware cloth around the area where it tried to dig, in addition to the cinder blocks I placed over the hole. I'm also gonna pour some concrete in its den so it won't have a hiding place anymore. Hopefully, that'll take care of it.

Sounds like a cat to me. Cats usually leave legs, & a wing, or two behind. It happened to my mom's OEGB last year. The cat lives under a shed, & we still need to do something about it.

It's definitely a racoon. I saw it when I was checking on thw babies. The feed barrel was knocked over this morning, even though there was a conder block on the lid, and when I went outside to check on them after dark, I saw it. Now I've just gotta figure out what to do about it.

Back
Top Bottom