Something attacked my chickens!

First off, what did you catch in the live trap?
And since you didn't catch it in the act, you really don't know this killed your chickens.
I have caught many a possum in the trap before I caught a raccoon.

First off, what did you catch in the live trap?
And since you didn't catch it in the act, you really don't know this killed your chickens.
I have caught many a possum in the trap before I caught a raccoon.

The raccoon gosh darn it. The one I saw a couple of days ago. The one that literally tore my chickens to shreds, repeatedly knocked over my feed barrels, and terrorized my chickens.

People don't like when you relocate although I have taken them to a national park before. I shot too many because I was catching one every night, so now I just make sure they can't get in. . But if I lost my chickens to one, I would surely shoot them out of revenge but there is probably more.

Any way, this thing has been hanging around for weeks, killed at least 2 of my chickens, and repeatedly knocked over my feed barrels. It keeps breaking in and causing trouble. I've never shot anything before, so I'm a bit reluctant to do it.

Either shoot it or have your local game and fish people relocate it. Personally I would shoot it. I don't like killing animals either but when we have livestock sometimes it comes down to killing a predator out of nesscesity to keep the livestock safe.

Well, it's dead now. I figured that with as far out as I was either no one would come out to pick it up, or they would recommend taking it to the humane society, and I seriously doubt they would take it, so I shot it.

Well, it's dead now. I figured that with as far out as I was either no one would come out to pick it up, or they would recommend taking it to the humane society, and I seriously doubt they would take it, so I shot it.

Kudos!
Remember that what you trapped is not necessarily what ate your birds...
....even if it is there are more out there.

Back
Top Bottom