Something Hurt Nibbles!

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I noticed she has been hanging around the same spot most of the day so i went and scooped her up and saw some blood on her new-growth pin feathers so i looked closer and all underneath both her wings, on her chest sides, is all wet and bruised and red. Thank goodness theres no puncture wounds or anything but she's obviously in pain, she didn't want me touching her wings ar all.

I gently scooped her up and broguth her up to the brooder, she's hanging out with all of the chicks right now and isn't making a peep.
sad.png

Prayers & well wishes please, she's one of my oldest & definitely my favorite girl.
fl.gif

Could it have been a dog that rolled her? Or maybe she got caught in some fencing somewhere and struggled?

I wish I could remember the holistic meds for bruising but my computer crashed this summer and I lost all my files. I need to rebuild that so I can have it on hand. Maybe some vitamins in her water would help her though.

The chicks water has AviaCharge in it so hopefully that will help, she seems to be enjoying the warmth... and possibly all the babies, a couple are slowly inching closer to her everytime I check on them all.

I thought Dog to begin with too but my girl was inside with me all day and there's been no others around here. I am stumped as to what would grab her but leave to open wounds...
hu.gif

OK, this is a long shot, but do you think she blew into something?? It was sooo windy last night - and there were some pretty good gusts today...

I know, it's sounds crazy.

Either way, I am sending healing thoughts her way for sure!!

I'm sooooo sorry. It was super windy here last night as well.

I have used Arnica as a topical remedy on bruises for years. You can get it at any store that carries natural remedies. I know you can use it on dogs and cats, but I have no idea about birds. You cannot use it on an open wound or where the skin is broken, but I know it can also be administered orally if it is highly diluted, but I don't think I'd try that without professional advice.

Back
Top Bottom