Something in Poop!!

Potterygal27

In the Brooder
Nov 17, 2022
I have noticed that these seed like things are in my chickens poops recently. I had a fecal test done for worms/ parasites and it all came back negative. Any thoughts on what this could be?

Attachments

• A0757682-B6B7-4648-8572-DCEDE86EB7DF.jpeg
    A0757682-B6B7-4648-8572-DCEDE86EB7DF.jpeg
    834.7 KB · Views: 60
I have noticed that these seed like things are in my chickens poops recently. I had a fecal test done for worms/ parasites and it all came back negative. Any thoughts on what this could be?
Is it hard like a seed, or does it smoosh if you squeeze it? I have no idea but if tests show nothing serious, and said hen is acting normal, i wouldnt worry too much. Keep an eye out tho! 🐓❤️

They are hard like a seed. My head hen hasn’t been acting like herself recently which was making me wonder if this could be related?

She hasn’t laid an egg in a week, decreased appetite, reduced activity :(

They are hard like a seed. My head hen hasn’t been acting like herself recently which was making me wonder if this could be related?

She hasn’t laid an egg in a week, decreased appetite, reduced activity :(
Any sign of her molting? Molting hens dont lay, do have decreased appetite and reduced activity! Could it be? Try to offer some chicken feed mash (add water to feed and offer her). Where are you located? Good luck! 🐓❤️

Any sign of her molting? Molting hens dont lay, do have decreased appetite and reduced activity! Could it be? Try to offer some chicken feed mash (add water to feed and offer her). Where are you located? Good luck! 🐓❤️
I haven’t noticed any pin feathers coming in. I was hopeful it was just molting but it doesn’t seem like it is. Since her crop barely has anything in it at night it makes me feel like something else is going on. We are about an hour from Atlanta Ga.

I haven’t noticed any pin feathers coming in. I was hopeful it was just molting but it doesn’t seem like it is. Since her crop barely has anything in it at night it makes me feel like something else is going on. We are about an hour from Atlanta Ga.
Is she getting her fill of feed before roost time? Make sure you see her eat

Back
Top Bottom