Something is hanging out of my chickens butt!!!

Are you up to try a home necropsy?

If not, you can send her in to your state vet lab to find out what killed her.

I am sorry she did not make it. :hugs

I am so sorry! My heart goes out to you.

This question is mainly for those experienced with chickens and birds in general. I've seen many a mammal have an intestinal or uterine prolapse. I know uterine is out of the question but I'm not familiar enough with bird physiology to know whether prolapses occur and if they do, is it at all possible this is what happened? Thanks.

I am so sorry! My heart goes out to you.

This question is mainly for those experienced with chickens and birds in general. I've seen many a mammal have an intestinal or uterine prolapse. I know uterine is out of the question but I'm not familiar enough with bird physiology to know whether prolapses occur and if they do, is it at all possible this is what happened? Thanks.
A prolapsed was one of my first thoughts. I also don’t know a ton about bird anatomy so I tried to google and ask around what people thought it might be. When I looked more into what some people thought it might of been it didn’t match very well with what it looked like and how she was acting. I’m just hoping my other hens don’t catch or get whatever she had.

Back
Top Bottom