Something is telling me she isn't a Buff Orpington.... Or is she a he?

sfinerghty

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
This is Chalula, she is bigger bolder redder and taller than all of our other girls, and black tail feathers?. Chalula was "supposed" to be a buff orpington but as she grew we realized that she was one of two things 1) a Roo or 2) another breed all together. I was thinking perhaps a NewHampshire Red? Wondering if anyone could clear things up... i have not heard a crowing noise out of her, but I am open to the fact that Chalula might be a fella... Any clues? She is about 14 weeks, I have her next to another one of our gals so you can see the color difference between her and the buffs...Thanks!!!

How old? Deffo not a Buff Orpington, maybes a Black Tail?
the_blacktail_chicken_for_sale.jpg

She looks like a Buff Orpington/Rhode Island Red mix.. We have a young roo that looks exactly the same. And a couple chicks that look like they are going to be the same color.

Thanks everyone, glad to hear the general feeling is she is indeed a girl. Happy to have a splash of color to the mix of beautiful buffs. The black tail looks spot on, but I can also see where she would be a mix too. I appreciate the input!

Back
Top Bottom