Something is up. (Help)

Crazyredhead

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 13, 2014
IMG_0186.JPG
my poor little girl has something wrong I can tell. She just sits which here backside kind of up. Hope this pic will show. She about 3 months 15 weeks. So I was thinking something to do with eggs. She hasn't started yet but some of them have.

Uh oh, poor girl. It looks like she could be egg bound! Make sure she has a nest box, place some fake eggs or golf balls in it so she gets the hint, provide plenty of water.

If she were older I would assume it was something related to over-laying when she was younger, such as compromised immune system or water belly, but since she hasn't, it probably isn't any of these issues.

I'm not an expert on this, but it could just be she is uncomfortable getting ready to lay her first egg.

Hope she gets better soon!

I was thinking she was egg bound to. Even though I have never experienced it before. And also. She is 4 weeks old then I said. She is 17-18 weeks. I got her confused with my other girls. But still she hasn't laid yet. Anyways. I held her a tried to relax her. I did put her in your box a few times because I did see a couple of eggs they had been just drop while on their perches Anyways. I hope she does ok. I
She didn't feel like she had a tight tummy.

Im 70% sure she may be uncomfortable with her first egg she doesnt seem old enough for eggs telling by her waddle but she may be an early egger watch out for her and maybe give her some vanilla yogurt. Most hens lay between 5-12 months there first egg, but its not uncommon for them laying at 3-4 months depending on the bird species.

Yes I was surprised a couple weeks ago when I was getting egg. I have 2-3 chicken laying they started very early. Like at 3 1/2 month. I am hoping she's just not feeling good from that.

Soaking her rear end in epsom salt may help. My neighbors had an egg-bound hen and they soaked her bottom in epsom salt and that took care of the problem. I hope she will be okay!

Sooo, what happened?
I'll bet she's passing a softshell egg, not unusual for new layers.
Softies don't move so good, nothing hard for the muscles to press against.

Well I am not sure if it was her but I found 2 softer shelled eggs both where laid on their perch. So. They were no good. She seemed better today but I am watching her.

Well I am not sure if it was her but I found 2 softer shelled eggs both where laid on their perch. So. They were no good. She seemed better today but I am watching her.
I'll bet they were hers.
I have seen several birds act very strange while passing a softshell egg.
First time I saw it, bird was standing stock still staring off into the distance, I thought she was sick and would die. She could move ok so I just waited and 30 minutes later she was out pecking about and there was a softie on the ground where she had been standing.

Back
Top Bottom