Something is very wrong here!

The obvious problem is that you have too many separate objects cluttering up your house. You need to combine some of them. Like put the eggs IN the incubator, put coffee INTO your cup, put yourself IN a chair, and caress the incubator while you drink your coffee and stare at the eggs till they hatch. That's what I'd do.

Golf balls here! Poor broody she just won't give up! I pull her every night and put her in the coop but first thing in the morning she goes right back! I can't give her chicks in this weather can I?

Quote:
I second that! I've got some broodys hatching shavings right now.

Quote:
I think Sally has the answer. We all know that there are gobs of self help gurus out there telling us we will be happier if we declutter our lives. Clearly you need to do as Sally says.

(Psst... put it up on a counter and tell the doggies "NO". The kitties will merely huddle near it for warmth. Tell hunny it is a new fangled CrockPot and that you are making chicken. Get it? Making chicken(s). You will be telling the honest truth.
big_smile.png
)

Quote:
I second that! I've got some broodys hatching shavings right now.

My goofy silkies seem to prefer to hatch things out in the dead of winter. They have done it multiple times with no problems. I guess summer around here is just too hot for them. Give her some eggs and let her have at it. She'll be fine, as will the babies.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh yes Spook! Obviously that's the best solution! Thank you for solving my troubles.
hugs.gif
I'll go find a shipping box right now!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif

Quote:
*whispers in Kat's ear...you can do it!*

So what I could do is this....plug the bator in and let it get up to temp. one morning, before DH leaves for work. He'd probably never notice it running. Set "a couple" eggs in it as soon as he's out the door to work. Gotta decide on a number. Two is too few, would have to be more to allow for newbie inexperience right? Six should do it. I like the number 6.

When he gets home 10+ hours later and discovers it and insists that I unplug the dang thing immediately, I can start bawling about how I couldn't possibly turn it off and let those poor baby chicks die!
hit.gif
(Nevermind that they haven't started to develop yet).

Roughly twenty-one days later, relocate the beautiful babies from the bator to the makeshift brooder (that I also made while he was working) under DH's desk. It's a big desk with a large area for legs.
wink.png

Sure, that'll work!
thumbsup.gif

You need to apply chicken math. The bator holds 24 eggs, and only 12 will be good, and from that 6 will be roosters, so if you set 24 eggs, you will have 6 chickens.

Back
Top Bottom