Something is Wrong With Me... *Warning: Insanity Ahead!*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickenfan4life, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    What does it mean when you have a crush on your own rooster?! I still have my Brewster with me, and he is so sweet and mellow. He has never attacked me (save for when I intervened in a fight between him and another and he got confused); he does not "rape" and molest the hens, unlike most every other roo I have owned; he doesn't start fights with other roosters, and instead warns them off; he protects his ladies with all his might; and he is respectful of me and the girls.

If Brewster was a man, he'd be the perfect husband/boyfriend. I swear it. I mean, he's gentle, respectful, sweet, talkative, and would die defending them. Really.

He's just perfect.

(My little insanity confession is completed; feel free to comment. [​IMG])

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Ha, you forgot to mention that he is handsome, too. But there are lots of handsome roosters of course. It is his great temperament that makes him special. Yes, a good rooster is a joy.

3. Chickenfan4life

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    He's the handsomest of handsome roosters. [​IMG]

4. Can we see a picture of him?

5. Chickenfan4life

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]
    My big, manly man!

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    He is a beauty!! No, you are not insane....only in love with a rooster. [​IMG]

7. NinjaRooster

NinjaRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2013
    The Corner
    That's normal?

Guess I need to get out more...

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, I always say that the love of my life was my late BR rooster, Zane, so I completely understand. I have had special connections with more than one rooster, but Zane will always be special. Suede was my love for his almost 6 years of life, and now, my Isaac is very attached to me as well. Why, oh why, do I always become so darn attached to the roosters ? It's a sickness, I tell you! But I have to also tell you that it's incurable. Sorry, we're doomed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by