Something is wrong with my duckling

EmCap

Hatching
Mar 28, 2017
Hello all-
I have two 4 week old ducklings. The one is normal, the other is wobbly, drunk looking, occasionally falls on her back with legs up in the air, chest puffed out, head & neck barely controllable. She has been getting niacin & electrolytes for four days with no sign of improvement. She does, however, eat & drink without a hitch. Please, somebody offer some advice. I have searched the internet exhaustively & cannot find what the problem could be other than niacin deficiency.

The way the duckling is standing is very scary to me.

Electrolytes and naicin are my favorite remedies, but if they aren't working, we may need to step it up.

You may just have a special needs ducky (yeah it's a thing)
Keep up the Niacin and electrolytes. Start adding a tablespoon of ACV (Apple cider vinegar) to their water. This stuff is miracle working for lots of things and super natural.
Go to tractor supply and get some probiotic dust. Sprinkle that in their food.

Give your ducky lots of love and prayers!

with our first round of ducks we had a few that were the same and niacin and vitamins cleared it up in about a week except for one. he was always special one. slower to mature , slower to swim and preen himself. always falling on his back. the other ducklings seemed to help him. he eventually got stronger but we kept them all on the nician and vitamins until they were bigger. now with our 2nd round of ducks this year we just started them on it all right away and so far so good.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom