Something is wrong....

Okay so she’s not doing that thank goodness but will vent gleet just go away does she need antibiotics?
No it will not go away in its own; refer to the link that the other responder posted on your first page of responses. Vent gleet is a symptom - so you’ll need to narrow down the root of the issue. Read that link and see what you think. I would start with probiotics and make sure they have access to plenty of grit.

No it will not go away in its own; refer to the link that the other responder posted on your first page of responses. Vent gleet is a symptom - so you’ll need to narrow down the root of the issue. Read that link and see what you think. I would start with probiotics and make sure they have access to plenty of grit.
I will thank you so much for taking the time to help me out I truly appreciate it. Everyone on this blog are just awesome I will post an update in a few days. Again thank you so much 😊

I will thank you so much for taking the time to help me out I truly appreciate it. Everyone on this blog are just awesome I will post an update in a few days. Again thank you so much 😊
You’re welcome! Most of us have been helped by other people on this website; heck at one point I didn’t know the difference between a comb and a wattle lol 😂

View attachment 2381783View attachment 2381781Hello I need some help there is something wrong with my Dominique and I don’t know what to do can anyone help me? I’m posting some pictures so you guys can see what’s going on anyone with some feed back will be greatly appreciated.
She’s 31 weeks and she is the only one that is showing this and no one has been pecking her I noticed today that she squatted to poop but nothing fell to the ground. And no she’s not molting.
I was hoping that she’s not laying internally you don’t think she’s doing that do you? According to google pictures it looks like the vent gleet lol
Is she not laying eggs?
You mention that she squatted to poop and nothing fell to the ground - it look like she has poop stuck in her feathers - is that your concern?
I don't really see any Vent Gleet - move the feathers so we can see her vent. Vent Gleet is a yellow/white pasty stinky yeasty discharge that comes from the vent. What I'm seeing looks like Urates from poop stuck to the skin.

Clean off the urates from her skin and apply Hen Healer or NuStock. While you're at it, feel her abdomen below the vent between her legs - does she feel bloated or fluid filled?
You were worried she's laying internally....does she act like she doesn't feel well?
Is she a consistent layer - any problems with soft shell or shell less eggs?

What do you feed including treats?

Back
Top Bottom