Something just not right with 1 mo old Della

Sunnyabc

Chirping
Mar 20, 2018
Hello everyone, i have five chicks all diff breeds. My Delaware is just not as active as the others. She spends much more time under the lamp and while she does eat and drink (and is getting plump) she kind of lumbers around and often chooses to eat and drink while sitting. She doesn’t seem to have spradle leg or anything visible like pasty butt. however her vent seems slightly protracted. I’m worried because she’s continuing to fall behind in her behavior and development as compared to the others. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Attachments

• CC59E082-3D26-460A-BCC8-BC62D601F044.jpeg
    CC59E082-3D26-460A-BCC8-BC62D601F044.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 7
From your description and the picture, she doesn't appear ill to me. There's such a thing as failure to thrive, though, so you may just have to keep a special eye on her and make sure she's eating and drinking properly.
Thank you so much. I did give save a chick for a couple of days but no change. I will keep my special mama eye on her :)

From your description and the picture, she doesn't appear ill to me. There's such a thing as failure to thrive, though, so you may just have to keep a special eye on her and make sure she's eating and drinking properly.

Back
Top Bottom