something killed my rooster

I will be sitting near by with a shotgun tonight. By the way we have moved the survivors to a area surrounded by concrete.I also have hogs and nothing has.come near them. I am sure you don't mean to sound as judgemental as you come across as. I am looking for answers.

Don't ge me started on coons,, I hate those dirty little bleepards with a passion. Coons are in my opinion the single worst poultry predator there is. Any coon sighted around here is met with extreme prejudice. Usually by the buisness end of Mr. Shotgun.

if that is the case in the case of your roo i would guess weasles,, generally they are solitary hunters,, however this time of year it could be a momma teaching her young to hunt and will leave bones and bits of carcass behind
still with the case of your turkey still suggests something larger,, especially if it was a Tom,, i don't think a fox could quite pull it off
and the hens?  were they enclosed?   weasles generaly eat where they kill leaving something behind while other larger predators drag away the carcass,, which still suggests that you have a multiple predator problem
yea I am think multiple offenders will let you know what I find.

I will be sitting near by with a shotgun tonight. By the way we have moved the survivors to a area surrounded by concrete.I also have hogs and nothing has.come near them. I am sure you don't mean to sound as judgemental as you come across as. I am looking for answers.

I was being judgmental. Experience has taught me to make no assumptions and begin ratcheting up defenses immediately. Too many times incorrect assumptions about perp results in chronic losses because incorrect or delayed responses to predator employed. I suggest using a light rifle and have ready one of those dogs for releasing on predator when birds begin producing alarm calls. In my situation dog most likely to make kill but rifle can be used even when predator held up in a location a shotgun would further damage.

I was being judgmental. Experience has taught me to make no assumptions and begin ratcheting up defenses immediately. Too many times incorrect assumptions about perp results in chronic losses because incorrect or delayed responses to predator employed. I suggest using a light rifle and have ready one of those dogs for releasing on predator when birds begin producing alarm calls. In my situation dog most likely to make kill but rifle can be used even when predator held up in a location a shotgun would further damage.

Back
Top Bottom