Something other than chickens?

LindseyM12

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2009
North Carolina
Not sure if this is the best place to post. I'm wanting to raise something other than chickens ducks an geese. Something to make some money with, something that lays a decent amount of eggs for selling, something that sells good. Any ideas?

Quote:
x2
Coturnix lay like crazy, hatch in 17 days and are mature at 6-8 weeks (breeding or butchering). There must not be many around here because I was able to sell the day-old chicks for $2 each and the adults for $6 each. I only had about a dozen breeders, but they managed to pay my feed bill for all my critters.

Butterflies! We got a dozen for my DD wedding and it was $150.00 with overnight shipping in a cooler. It was SO worth it though. Many people get a butterflie for each guest to release but we had 150 guests and I couldn't do that one! We are native american and the legend is that if you whisper wour wish to the buttlerfly it will carry it to the sprit and your wish will come true. I have thought about it myself.

Quote:
Whoa! Holy expensive!
ep.gif
That would be really cool, though. You should try quail. I think you'd like them.

If you have a city with a large asian population,
silkies for meat (black bone chicken) sels for $5lb, no butchering needed (they use feet and beaks so whole is perferred).

or quail eggs are also in demand, they're used alot in bento boxes (I got quail to provide me with my own stash).

Back
Top Bottom