SOmething stole my guinea eggs.

Joe.G

Songster
8 Years
Nov 16, 2011
Eastern NY
Hi, I had about 16 Guineas eggs in a fenced in area, Now they are gone, none broke and the fencing is 1x2 wire, It would be kind of hard to squeeze them out but they did, Do you think it could have been snakes or a weasel?

I was thinking a snake also, but it took all of them, Now I didn; check for a couple of day's so it might not have been all in one night, I also know guinea eggs are tougher so it would be harder to break them sneaking them out.

How high is your fencing? Gray fox can climb. I just went through a like situation. I forgot a basket of eggs in front of the guinea coop and when I went back the next morning is was empty and undisturbed. I thought I had a senior moment but to check it out I put a couple of old eggs in the basket. By ten that night the basket was empty. The next night I set the trail cam and got a bad picture of some kind of mammal . The next night revealed it was in fact a fox. I think maybe it's taking them back to a den. In addition the fox started digging in front of the chicken pens off of the barn. I'll either trap it or shoot it. Sorry fox, but if you left me and mine alone, I'd leave you and yours alone.

Yeah I have had a rough week, lost 14 Pheaseant, a Rooster, one of my toms and some eggs, I have the have a heart traps set but I only have caught a cat so far everything else has broken out, I'll be setting some different traps tom.

Yeah I have had a rough week, lost 14 Pheaseant, a Rooster, one of my toms and some eggs, I have the have a heart traps set but I only have caught a cat so far everything else has broken out, I'll be setting some different traps tom.

Oh Joe, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you can catch whatever it is over there that is doing all of that damage. :hugs

Yikes Joe, sorry for all the losses.
Not sure what stole your eggs, but with that kind of set-up around the nest sounds like a 2 legged thief to me, unless the predator could have lifted the wire up and climbed under to get the eggs and carry them off... how many of your poultry losses did you find feathers and or remnants of? Just wondering if SOMEONE, instead of something is helping themselves to free eggs and meat. Either way I'd be pretty mad with that much loss in such a short time
somad.gif

It's not a person, One day all of my eggs about two dozen were busted in the nesting boxes, the Guinea eggs were hidden pretty well under the coop, and there is no way in except though the wire unless I leave the door open in either the coop or the door below the coop, I am thinking weasel or snake.

I found 9 of the14 Pheasants, Mostly intact maybe a wing ripped off or a head tore up but that was it. the other 5 Were gone no trace.

Back
Top Bottom