1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Something that made me chuckle....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ladybug99, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ladybug99

ladybug99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Monroe New Jersey
    I have 12 Welsummers....11 hens and one rooster... they are just over 10 weeks old. I went to the feed store today and bought some supplies including a brand new ball for the dog. I brought everything into the coop and tossed the ball to the dog... I quickly found out the ball had a squeeker in it...the dog runs around the coop and the pen with the chickens following him... I thought it sounded odd when I heard a loud honk.....the dog would squeek the ball and then I would hear a honk.....I look around the corner and there is my cute adorable rooster honking at the ball every time is squeeked.....I guess my baby is growing up and starting to crow... sniff sniff where does the time go......

2. GoldenCometLady

GoldenCometLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Walker, West Virginia
    What a cute story. Made me smile, thanks I needed that too.

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh gosh, that is very cute! Made me smile, too! You should try and videotape this.

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Very cute funny story.[​IMG]

5. ladybug99

ladybug99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Monroe New Jersey
    I'll try and get it on video tomorrow.....I am new to raising chickens and get such a kick out of any little thing they do.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Chillin' With My Peeps

Good story - I needed a smile at the end of this stressful day!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by