figure it out but then i noticed each one of them had something
wrong with there eye. they wouldn't be able to open
there eye then it would swell up and then the next day
they were dead, we moved the last one out of the pen that
had the rest of my birds just to make sure that it didn't happen
again so i was just wondering if you guys knew what was happening
there

Oh, no, the poor chicks!

I'm not sure about the eye swelling symptoms, but if you add more information, people might be able to help more. How old are your chicks, exactly? What are they eating and drinking? What temp is their brooder and what are you using for bedding? How is their poop? How is their energy level before & after the eyes stick closed? Did you see any discharge from their eyes or nose, hear any sneezing or coughing, or notice anything unusual about the ones that got sick? Are there any pictures of their swollen little eyes?

If nobody is able to answer here after you add more information, I think you can erase this post and re-post this in the Emergencies/Illnesses/Injuries section, which is where the chicken health experts tend to hang out. Good luck, and I'm sorry for all of your losses!

OH, there are so many illnesses where cloudy, or goopy eyes are a symptom. I agree, you should try some antibiotics, and also, put some vitamins/electrolites in the drinking water.

If you lose your last chick, don't be discouraged--try again! But I would get them from a different breeder, or better yet, a hatchery, because you can have them vaccinated.

hugs.gif
So sorry you've had to go through this.

Not enough information to really help you. Sanitation and ventilation are very important. Can you smell ammonia where you have the chicks.

sweet pea swan i could not get the link to work
but its ok. they have been sneezing or coughing,
there about 2-4 months, before they get ill they are
very energetic but when they get ill they are very lazy
or droopy, there have been puss come out of
there eye, the only thing i have notice is that they will
not be able to stand or walk so i would have to set them
over by the food and water, there bedding is just straw
or hay there poop is fine.i dont have any pictures of the
swelling eyes because i don't have a working camera at
the moment but i will try to get some pics.

Back
Top Bottom