Something you wish had been invented in chicken keeping.

Pics
Disclosure: I didn't read all 6 pages.

My invention? A hardware cloth alternative that is strong but flexible/soft and doesn't flay your skin. I HATE hardware cloth...
Well not as safe as hwc. But there is a netting for cats on the market that has a metal core and is safe enough to keep birds of pray out. If you’re run is high enough you can use it on top of the run. I wouldn’t use it on the sides bc I don’t know if it is strong enough for rats 🐀 and other rodents. I used the Trixie enforced cat net.

Some links:
https://catnets.com.au/collections/...ainless-reinforced-premium-19mm-net-10m-x-10m

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_flaps_nets/cat_nets/cat_nets/101945

My dad wanted to know what people wanted that wasn't already invented actually lol, so I posted a thread. We wanted to invent something. I really want to figure out a way to sex eggs now... Probably not though, he said when we have enough structures we can. Right now, only one hen lays eggs lol.

Some things I would like:

A vacuum that picks up just feces and leaves the shavings. Kinda like a chicken littermaid

A device that lets you know if an egg is fertilized as soon as it is laid

A rooster catcher

I'm sure I have more wishes. Can I wish for more wishes? As far as the comment regarding how women shouldnt rely on men, I totally agree. I try to do what I can around our farm but I understand my physical limitations. I have a hard time lifting a full 50 lb bag of feed and pouring it. If it was just me I'd have to buy the smaller feed bags. I also cant do carpentry. I am terrified of large sharp blades and sanding makes me vomit...literally. I think its important not to expect someone to do something for you but it is important to work as a team and never be afraid to ask for help.

Some things I would like:

A vacuum that picks up just feces and leaves the shavings. Kinda like a chicken littermaid

A device that lets you know if an egg is fertilized as soon as it is laid

A rooster catcher

I'm sure I have more wishes. Can I wish for more wishes? As far as the comment regarding how women shouldnt rely on men, I totally agree. I try to do what I can around our farm but I understand my physical limitations. I have a hard time lifting a full 50 lb bag of feed and pouring it. If it was just me I'd have to buy the smaller feed bags. I also cant do carpentry. I am terrified of large sharp blades and sanding makes me vomit...literally. I think its important not to expect someone to do something for you but it is important to work as a team and never be afraid to ask for help.
What's a rooster catcher? Like something that tells you what one is a rooster or like an actual thing you catch them witg?

Back
Top Bottom