Something you wish had been invented in chicken keeping.

Pics
Well for me it’s already invented I just haven’t got one but a pressure washer for our coops we are going to either have to borrow one from a neighbor or buy one soon because our coops are getting messy 🙃 is there something like craigslist you can search, sometimes they’re giving away free stuff maybe you can find a rake there

I finally broke down and got a pressure washer a couple of months ago. It was the best purchase ever! I have ducks, not chickens, and the pressure washer works wonders. No more scrubbing. No need for potentially toxic chemicals. 10/10 recommend!

Edited to add (after reading concerns from others re: moisture) - I mainly use my pressure washer for the pools and things that can be left outside in the sun to dry. I only use it inside on “perfect“ days that are hot and breezy, when I can open all the barn doors and let it dry out. I pressure wash first thing in the AM, and all is dry by the time they go back in in the PM.

Something to keep the water in my duck pools clean for more than a day... None of the currently available pumps/filters are right.

Also, a way to train my ducks to poop BEFORE entering the pool. Right now, I try to get them to go into the small pool to poop before going into the bigger (45 bucketfuls to dump) pool. Turns out, there’s always enough poop for both pools :(

Something to keep the water in my duck pools clean for more than a day... None of the currently available pumps/filters are right.

Also, a way to train my ducks to poop BEFORE entering the pool. Right now, I try to get them to go into the small pool to poop before going into the bigger (45 bucketfuls to dump) pool. Turns out, there’s always enough poop for both pools :(
This is why I wont get ducks until we install the pond. The right fish and plants in it will clean the water for you...or so I've read. Haven't looked much into it because it's too far down the road.

That is a great idea! I need a rooster catcher, can't chase my dude without being pecked.
My current catcher is our border collie. She herds them into a corner so I can geab them. Once I've got em by the legs I just have to remind her to back off. Not ideal but we work well together. She loves doing her "chores" and playing with the roos. Best of all she never tries to hurt them. She freaks out though if we dont let her help round them up. She acts like they're her babies

Well not as safe as hwc. But there is a netting for cats on the market that has a metal core and is safe enough to keep birds of pray out. If you’re run is high enough you can use it on top of the run. I wouldn’t use it on the sides bc I don’t know if it is strong enough for rats 🐀 and other rodents. I used the Trixie enforced cat net.

Some links:
https://catnets.com.au/collections/...ainless-reinforced-premium-19mm-net-10m-x-10m

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_flaps_nets/cat_nets/cat_nets/101945
🤯

Hand truck to move bag to coop and a scoop to transfer most of feed into the can.
What we have been doing is having him fill up a cat litter container that holds about 10 lbs so I can get the chores done when he is at work. He fills up the big communal feeder and I fill the smaller feeders. It's a good system that works for us

Back
Top Bottom