Something's wrong with my 3 month old chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MultipleAnimals, Aug 11, 2016.

1. MultipleAnimals

MultipleAnimals Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2016
    Texas
    I found him/her Wednesday afternoon/evening, he/she was laying down, not moving, I thought, oh no Dead, so I went in clicking my tongue, and he/she got up, but is limping, one of the feet is curled, I don't know what happened, I had just got home from a job, can anyone help?

2. MultipleAnimals

May 21, 2016
    Texas
    Do I Need To Splint It? I Don't Want To Cull as this is the last Chick I have, the others were tooken by a 'coon. What should I do for his/her leg?

3. MultipleAnimals

May 21, 2016
    Texas
    I May Have To Cull, As I Came Home Today I Went To Check On Him/Her and it had fell out of the coop and got attacked, Scalped, And Under The Wing Was Bleeding.

4. MultipleAnimals

May 21, 2016
    Texas
    Can Any Help?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  5. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    What attacked it? do you mean your other chickens? Maybe that's what happened with the leg too. I'd at least seperate it for now so they can't kill it.

No experience personally but there are lots of threads treating scalped chicken so you could try doing a search and hopefully you will find some good advice. Fingers crossed for it!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. MultipleAnimals

May 21, 2016
    Texas
    Yea. The Rooster Is The Only One Prone To Attacking The Chick. I Watched The Rooster Chase The Chick Multiple Times Before The Chick Got Injured.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by