Something's wrong with this chick!!

Nichole1

Chirping
May 23, 2020
Someone please help! I got w couple day old chicks yesterday. They were all acting normal and healthy. This morning, the smallest of the 3 was sitting in a corner by itself. Checked them again after work and the same chick is now sitting on its bum, can't seem to use its legs and she's holding her wigs straight out from her body. She seems very wabbly and periodically throws her head back almost like a muscle spasm, with her eyes closed. I have NO idea what is wrong with her or what to do. I currently have her in a 5 gallon aquarium, I made a little "nest" out of some clean soft socks to help her sit upright and there's a heat lamp over the tank. She DID drink some water from an eye dropper. Has anyone ever seen symptoms like this before? I'm scared she's going to die, what do I do!!??

What is the temp on the floor of the brooder? Did you dip their beaks in water or sugar water when you got them? Have you seen her eat or drink? Has she pooped? Have you checked her for pasty butt?

The really ive been put them in is around +15. I haven't seen her eat or drink tho when I checked them this morning the water had been used and food dish also appeared to be active. There was food around the floor of the feeder. No poopy butt but I haven't personally seen her poop either. I got picked them up around 10 p.m. last night. Put them to bed. Checked them this morning and cleaned/ refreshed their water and went to work. I found her in this condition after returning from the work. the other 2 chicks seem perfectly fine

I should have read while typing that! Terrible English 😶😂 let me know if you can't un scramble what i was trying to say there lol thanks for your reply!

I gave them "chick starter crumble". No supplements and no treats as I haven't even owned them for 24 hours yet. I basically did what I've done with all my new chicks before this but I've never seen anything like this before

Not atall! I'm actually really new to this whole chicken keeping so any advice is welcome on my end! This is the first time dealing with possibly illness or injury tho and I'm at a loss for what happened to the poor thing. I have no idea what to do to help her. I'm really worried she's going to die on me, she's clearly not in good shape and its terrible seeing her suffer and not understand why

Back
Top Bottom