Sometimes I get really stressed BASEBALL IS BACK

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by M To The Maxx, Nov 5, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I get up at 6:45 a.m every morning. I have school from 9:00 a.m.- 4:15 p.m. I am in all advanced classes. After school I have homework that usually takes 4 hours to do. I have baseball usually 3 times a week or less. I also have baseball practice at least 2 times a week. And when I can't finish all my homework before a game I have to finish it after the game or practice and our week day games always end around 10:00 p.m. Baseball is a sport you can get hurt in easily. I have fractured 2 of my fingers twice. I have gotten it hit in th knee caps and a bunch of other places on my body. My feet get so soar from busting my butt at the games so I take a shower then do my homework and finally get into bed at 12:00 p.m. I have to take out the trash every Monday night. And I also have my chickens to take care of. I have to walk my dogs every day. Sometimes I get soooooooooo stressed!!!! [​IMG] I need a hug.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Sometimes I have to roll out of bed before noon. I HATE those days.

Then, sometimes I'm expected to cook food and do laundry. The nerve of some people. Nags.

I know how ya' feel, M to the Maxx.

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    It's good to know I am not the only one.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  4. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Wait till you have to get a job on top of all that. My step son has all his classes, swimming and his job at McDonalds. It's only 2 or 3 days a week but boy is he busy.

5. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    9am to 4:15? When did school classes get so long, what happened to good ol' 9 to 3? Yeesh.
    4 hours of homework sounds like a lot, too, for grade 7. I thought 4 hours a day was a lot when I was going to college. [​IMG] Poor guy, here's a hug for ya! [​IMG]

6. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Having no downtime is very stressful for anyone, I see this more and more with teens though.
    I see it alot with my own kids when sports is involved and most kids who are on a school team don't even have time for a weekday job.
    My son was on all varsity teams in school and practice was 5 days a week after school and on Sundays as well, not too many places wanted to hire anyone for just Saturdays.
    Its hard for kids to squeeze everything in but keep up with your school work and have fun while you can.
    I believe that kids should have the time now to do sports and all that, they will work jobs for the rest of their lives.
    Try to relax and enjoy your young years.
    Someday you will look back and wish you were back in school because that is when life was so easy. Believe it or not.

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Maxx, you are too young to have all those responsibilities. Sounds like you are over programed. Baseball should just be about over, shouldn't it? Then you will have more free time I hope. I don't agree with my kids being maxed out with extra cirricular activities. As long as they do well in school I'm good. If they complain about being tired too often or if they complain about missing so and so's party because they had to go to practice or games, I remind them and will tell them when this seasons over take a break! It was their choice. I just support them.

8. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:That sounds like alot to me too. Both of my DD's are taking the harder classes(Junior High and High School) and they rarely have homework. They get most of it done in school unless the computer is needed for powerpoint.

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    You guys are fussing about 9? LOL our classes start at 7:30am and go until 2:30, it's still 7 hours just starts earlier. From the sound of it you have too much on your plate and you need to cut something out before you burn out.

ETA: 4 hours of homework is way too much, it sounds like the teachers to speak with each other at all.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  10. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

It sure does sound like you're busy, but that's got its good points too. I hope you're able to take at least a few minutes in between, even 5 or 10 to relax and do some deep breathing or just sit with your chickens and let them work their chickeny magic on you. "bawk, bawwwwk, bk bk bk bk" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by