Sometimes, you just have to lose a chicken

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by GrayDragon, Sep 21, 2009.

1. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

Kinda glad I don't have them yet.

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Nice pic. Beautiful bird, methinks.

3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my dad has one that visits his pond everyonce in awhile(dad doesn't care since his pond is over populated with fish and no one fishes there) ...

4. CheerfulHeart2

CheerfulHeart2 Creative Problem Solver

Apr 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nice shot!

5. skywatcher

skywatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Arlington,Indiana
    I noticed the telephone lines running through the branches,How is your phone service when the wind blows? That's a GREAT picture of the BALD EAGLE. I tried to get a picture of a Golden Eagle but if flew away before I could get a camera.

6. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Those wires go down to a house behind us, I believe. Though our telephone/electrical/satellite/cellular service out here does kind of stink. I'm thinking of getting a solar panel for the chicken coop.

This is actually half a mated pair, their nest is over by the river, with a big sign my neighbor put up stating that if anyone even THINKS of molesting those birds he's going to shoot to kill. Took a long time to get them back around here.

I'll just adjust the coop design to include overhead protection and acknowledge there is a good chance if they get out of the coop they are going to be lunch. Though he mostly seems to hunt the river and lake.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  7. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Wow! I'm kinda glad I don't have to worry about bald eagles in my yard! Whew, but I do have to worry about rats, fleas, mites, a neighbor's mini dachshund and yesterday a Cooper's Hawk (?) came down right in front of me and tried to grab Baby Bad Wings - my smallest Buff Orpington Pullet who had just recently recovered from a major injury. See post on that saga¬Ö

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=236360

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by