Son returning from Iraq

COgirl

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 6, 2007
Falcon Colorado
Hi all, I just had to post since I am so excited. My son is returning from Iraq on Fri.
yippiechickie.gif
We will be leaving home early Thurs am to get to CA for homecomeing, it has been a long 7 months. My chickens free range , but that is not allowed when mom is gone so we put up a temporary yard and a neighbour is going to look after them and make sure they are locked in at night. I'm still pretty nervous about leaving them all. My youngest are only 7 wks. My neighbour is a chicken person too so I know they are really in good hands.

I'm worried they won't remember me, since we'll be gone for 2 weeks, gonna head for the coast so son can have some R&R... Anyone know of any breeders around Paso Robles/Morro Bay area?

Anyway thanks for letting me share I'm just about ready to bust I'm so excited
wee.gif

Kim

He is coming home safe and sound. Have fun and don't worry about the chickens,,,it sounds like they will be just fine! And most important, give your son a big hug and kiss and tell him I said THANK YOU.

Congratulations! You must be so excited to see him again!

Don't worry about your chickens not remembering you. They'll remember you just fine, especially if you give them treats the minute you get home!
love.gif
We've been on several long trips since we've had our girls and they never forget us.

So, go enjoy having your son home and rest assured that your girls are in good hands!

Hi COgirl - blessings to you and your family. I know how you feel - my son came home from Iraq in time for Christmas. I was so excited I booked the entire family (us, 5 kids and their spouses, grandkids, and my parents) for a cruise. Best Christmas ever - all of us on the beach in Cozumel Christmas Eve.

Luckily my son only had to return to Germany for out processing because his service in the Army was also up so he came home for good the beginning of February. I'm praying your son does not have to return to Iraq.

Enjoy your visit.

Ohhh, thats GREAT NEWS!!! Definately give him a big hug from us...and tell him we are ALL proud of him...and all the others. My Nephew is over there as well. I WANT HIM HOME!
Im sure the chicks will be just fine...enjoy your time with your UNfeathered son!

Back
Top Bottom