Son returning from Iraq

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by COgirl, Aug 20, 2007.

1. COgirl

COgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Falcon Colorado
    Hi all, I just had to post since I am so excited. My son is returning from Iraq on Fri. [​IMG] We will be leaving home early Thurs am to get to CA for homecomeing, it has been a long 7 months. My chickens free range , but that is not allowed when mom is gone so we put up a temporary yard and a neighbour is going to look after them and make sure they are locked in at night. I'm still pretty nervous about leaving them all. My youngest are only 7 wks. My neighbour is a chicken person too so I know they are really in good hands.

I'm worried they won't remember me, since we'll be gone for 2 weeks, gonna head for the coast so son can have some R&R... Anyone know of any breeders around Paso Robles/Morro Bay area?

Anyway thanks for letting me share I'm just about ready to bust I'm so excited [​IMG]
    Kim

2. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    YAY!!!!
    CONGRATS!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I bet you had to be SO sad. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    He is coming home safe and sound. Have fun and don't worry about the chickens,,,it sounds like they will be just fine! And most important, give your son a big hug and kiss and tell him I said THANK YOU.

4. COgirl

COgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Falcon Colorado
    Thankyou Standard hen I will do just that....

5. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Congratulations! You must be so excited to see him again!

Don't worry about your chickens not remembering you. They'll remember you just fine, especially if you give them treats the minute you get home! [​IMG] We've been on several long trips since we've had our girls and they never forget us.

So, go enjoy having your son home and rest assured that your girls are in good hands!

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Hi COgirl - blessings to you and your family. I know how you feel - my son came home from Iraq in time for Christmas. I was so excited I booked the entire family (us, 5 kids and their spouses, grandkids, and my parents) for a cruise. Best Christmas ever - all of us on the beach in Cozumel Christmas Eve.

Luckily my son only had to return to Germany for out processing because his service in the Army was also up so he came home for good the beginning of February. I'm praying your son does not have to return to Iraq.

Enjoy your visit.

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    And most important, give your son a big hug and kiss and tell him I said THANK YOU.

Same from me too.​

8. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Congrats and have a good time. Don't worry about the chickens, sounds like you have a good neighbor.

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ohhh, thats GREAT NEWS!!! Definately give him a big hug from us...and tell him we are ALL proud of him...and all the others. My Nephew is over there as well. I WANT HIM HOME!
    Im sure the chicks will be just fine...enjoy your time with your UNfeathered son!

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

So glad he's coming home safe and sound and give him a big fat THANK YOU! from all of us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by