Soon to be chicken mom! Help

stephross

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
Cancun,Mexico
Hi! I noticed today that one of the eggs that my hen is keeping warm had movement and chirping! When placed near my ear I hear light tapping! How long should I wait for pipping to start? And how can I make sure it's alright? Our first baby chick needed no help And was born overnight so I am clueless,need to mention the shell is a bit thincker than normal eggs

Here's the little guy he or she was born a few hours ago brought him inside as ants infested the nest,blood seemed to attrack them everything else seems to be in order

So glad that he hatched! Although i am not seeing a picture, maybe trying to add a picturea,again? My silkie eggs are on their way and its only day 18, Have one that internally piped and peeping away. Humidity is rising on its on so I suspect s/he is working on the external pip.

Not so long for you to be a chicken parent either! I've never had a silkie maybe in the future they are so good looking,is hatching them more difficult? I have my hands full between the chick and the quails!

we have one chick who is a week old who is the only one who made it from the last hatch, so hopefully these silkies get here soon so he will have a friend. Lucky is in my avatar. And no, I haven't done anything different. I have 4 different batches of eggs in the incubators right now so in a few weeks I will have my hands full lol! What breed is your chick? can't wait to see when he is fluffy!

Back
Top Bottom