Soon to be chicken parents in North Carolina

Schwartzfarmnc

Songster
9 Years
May 28, 2010
West Jefferson
Hi everyone, My wife and I are in the beginning stage to build our coop and run and she has picked out several breeds she would like to start off with, but as she continues to remind me "I might change my mind a thousand times before the coop is finished", so I may end up working all summer to get this thing done before she changes too many times!

We live in the beautiful blue ridge mountains with tons of fresh air and plenty of room to house our little birds. My brother will be helping me with the contruction of the coop and run since my carpenter skills are pretty lacking so I'll rely on his expertise.

I have already learned so many things with the site and almost....have become addictive, I appreciate all the ideas and smart people who allow us to learn from their mistake and accomplishments.

I'll be posting tons of pics of the new digs once we start in the next few weeks, so until then.....I'm glad to be part of the group.

Welcome to BYC from Henderson, NC!!!

You'll find lots of other NC folks around here. When you are ready for your birds, you might want to check out the buy and sell area here or craigslist in your area. You should be able to find a great variety of breeds locally and you don't have to worry about large minimums or shipping. And you'll probably wind up with better quality birds!

Tony

frow.gif
and a Texas size:
welcome-byc.gif

Well, for the past 2 weekends my wife and I have been retrofitting a desk unit I bought at our local Habitat for Humanity Re-store, and it has really been fun and interesting to make sure our little chicks have a nice place to begin their lives. I will try to post a few pictures later once I'm closer to completion, but for 15 bucks I'm sure they will be thrilled with all our hard work:D

I enjoy reading all the great info I find on this site, and we have decided to buy our chicks from Meyers but still not decided on exactly which breeds.....I thought we were getting close this weekend but no such luck:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom