Soon-to-be new Crazy Chicken Lady in Seattle!

contrarian

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 17, 2013
Hi everyone and welcome to my introduction thread!

We are a family of four who are about to jump into the urban chicken lifestyle! I'm so excited!

My husband is picking up the coop and run tomorrow (I have small children and I think it would take about two years to build one from start to finish on my own) and I have a line on three seven-month old hens from a local distributor. I really wanted to start with chicks but my five year old said: "No mom, grown-up chickens actually *do* something...". Naturally, he is impatient to collect eggs. I'm looking forward to pets. I plan to stuff them full of delicious insect treats until they like me (It works for men, why not chickens, right?).

This has been a very helpful site! Thanks for being here everyone!

tomi

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. You're correct - treats do work for me and probably for your chickens too.
lol.png

Welcome from Southern California! Yes, all sorts of treats are great for the girls. Our hens have finally started to really lay again after molting and the shorter days, and this morning we were so pleased with the beautiful bright orange, delicious yolks in our morning eggs. We can't eat any other eggs now since ours our sooo delicious! So consider yourself warned: your homegrown eggs will be the best you've ever had and you won't want to go back to any other! Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom