Sooo Excited & need some help please!!

Your white duck is definitely NOT Pekin and probably doesn't have any Pekin in him at all. If he mumbles and doesn't ever let out an ear shattering quack quack quack, he is a boy.

Often there is no curled tail feather in the eclipse plumage. Also, the curl can be pulled off the drake. My drakes at 6 months are getting their curl, so the curl comes late.

Does the white one ever stand upright like your runner?
My blue runner was white. With Blue bill and feet started out that way and turned bluish-orangish.

P1030415.jpg

P1030410.jpg

Quote:
Eh..not really. has always been that way (I thought something was wrong with him/her)

He/she had black feet and bill.. feet starting to change a little orangish as well.

cfdf
10/08/2011 5:34 pmWhere do you live? I have some beautiful drakes I need to rehome. I would gladly give you one if you are near me. I'm in Texas.
(I wish i was closer.. here in floirda.. Thanks cfdf)
thumbsup.gif

And Thanks to all that posted! I have more pics if that would help...

I would say the 2nd is a runner pekin cross maybe?
She sort of resembles 2 of my less than top quality runners.

And have you tried craigslist? Around here people are always trying to get rid of extra drakes. If not you could always try a local poultry auction.

Emily

Soooo.. Got good news folks! My little Whitey is a Boy!! and i have 17eggs in the nest 21 totally but she has those scattered. Soo if all goes well and she goes broody were having BABIES!!!!??!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
should i do anything to the nest? Ahhhh im sooo excited i should just let her do her thing and hope for the best.. i dont know
smile.png

Aawww little babies!

Back
Top Bottom