Sooo... I'm guessing they're not going to hatch?

Revelle

Songster
9 Years
Jan 30, 2010
Silvis
Day 21, and not a pip, not a peep, not even a wiggle of any in my 5 remaining eggs. I guess they're most likely all dead in their shells?

From what I understand day 21 is when it is all supposed to start. Someone posted a really good link to trouble shooting eggs yesterday though. are your eggs al the same or are these 5 from a different place or something like that. where they stored while you waited for the rest. basically is there anything that happened to them that was different?
at any rate don't give up until day 23 at least.

Nah, one type of egg from one place. Only the 5 in there, not an egg or chick more. I'm not sure, but I think I did same treatment to every egg, lol... Which could be why they're not hatching. I thought they were supposed to at least make little noises by now. One did, but I can't hear it anymore.

I'll wait a little longer, though. Thank you.

Quote:
I agree. Don't give up yet! If you heard one peeping and you don't now, maybe it is resting in preperation for hatching!
Good luck and hope you get a wonderful surprise of 5 chicks in your incubator today.

Quote:
I agree. Don't give up yet! If you heard one peeping and you don't now, maybe it is resting in preperation for hatching!
Good luck and hope you get a wonderful surprise of 5 chicks in your incubator today.

It wasn't peeping, it was just scratching. But thank you, I hope I get that too. lol
tongue.png

day 21 for me too, not a pip or a wiggle but I swear I heard a chirp from one when topping up the water.
Here's something I did do... I gently picked up each egg and held it to my ear to see if I could hear scratching, pecking or chirping.
I heard a faint warbling noise from one. but nothing from the others.
I noticed that 2 of my eggs were way lighter than the other 4, so I chose one and cracked it.
Inside the light egg I found a chick developed to about day 12 or 13 (going by the candle pictures posted in this section)
Can I guess that the other light egg is a quitter and that the heavy ones have chicks that will eventually hatch ?
These are green eggs, and I can't candle them. Has anyone ever weighed their eggs to see how much a "full term" egg weighs?

Don't give up yet! Mine didn't hatch till day 22 and they didn't peep until right before they hatched. Good luck!!!

~Becky

I did not even hear a peep until day 21 and it was a full 24 hours before they all hatched. and 12 hours from the pip. So hang in there, I could not candle them because they were Maran eggs, and I could not see through them.

Back
Top Bottom