Soooo, I guess the Moth balls aren't going to kill my ducks.........

mominoz

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2009
North Georgia
wink.png
- It's been long enough now I guess I can share this mistake:rolleyes: I live near a National Forest and Hay farmers, so there are many deer that used to pass thru and live on our property. I also garden so as I was fencing and crossfencing and trying to plant and garden I have had to battle deer wanting to sample everything. So fencing and garlic, hot sauce, soap bars and mothballs deter the deer. I put mothballs around young shrubbery and try not to plant favorites of deer. Oh, and the rabbits.... Well I started to let my Runners out to free range the now fenced lawn around the house in the daytime. I had put out a few mothballs around some new young fruit trees "inside" a cage around the tree. I look out and see my Runners "eating the mothballs" thru the cage ......."On, no , you idiots,how can you eat moth balls?!!!" I didn't think they were that stupid!!! I was sure they were going to die, my Holdereads show quality!!!!! Then I called myself stupid:p--- I watched with trepdation..... now it's been a month(fourtunately they stopped laying and were molting......
roll.png
so unless there is "hidden damage" they survived "the Mothballs" incident.
I will preface this with....These are my first ducks!!!!!!!!! shhheeeesssshhhhh...... I will have to put any health issue posts with .....Well, they did eat mothballs once!!!!!!-----------------Oh, and I didn't put out anymore mothballs where they can reach them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool.png

gig.gif
Lol, mine are terrible for trying to eat anything they find I'm forever prizing open beaks to remove stuff from their mouths, they're worse than babies. I'm sure if there's been no ill effects as of yet they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom