Sore bald patches on wings.

K.Riggs

Songster
Aug 22, 2017
My rescue duck has little bald sore looking patches on his wings that were worse he was in bad shape when I got him. He has no health issues is gaining condition in every other way. Just after a suggestion as to what to put on it. I will try to get a photo tomorrow.

My suggestion for skin irritation or wounds is always manuka honey. It is hard to tell if it will work without a photo but manuka honey promotes new cell growth and also has soothing properties. It is worth a shot.

Does it look like other Drakes were mounting him or pulling out feathers?..All I did for a rescue Duck Hen was allow her to bath and wait for it all to heal and new feathers to grow in..

He was in with guinea fowl and had never seen another duck before and yes they were clearly bashing him. Everything else has healed but these small raw bald patches on the blades of his wings and he has scars on his beak. He is only little, a white call duck I think.

My suggestion for skin irritation or wounds is always manuka honey. It is hard to tell if it will work without a photo but manuka honey promotes new cell growth and also has soothing properties. It is worth a shot.
Thanks I will upload pics in the morning and I will try the honey :)

He was in with guinea fowl and had never seen another duck before and yes they were clearly bashing him. Everything else has healed but these small raw bald patches on the blades of his wings and he has scars on his beak. He is only little, a white call duck I think.
Okay...Just let him bath daily and I never applied anything being Ducks preen so often..Now that you are feeding him well he should heal up fine..It might take awhile for the feathers to come in normal..Your doing great..

I’m having some wing troubles with my make Pekin. I’ve posted photos, he has what I believe to be ingrown feathers on his wings. It started out with one nub he would pull out about a year ago and now it has become an issue on both wings with many sights ingrown/nubs.
I took him to the vet and he looked said to just keep an eye on him and that he doesn’t think he needs to remove the follicle completely to test for infection.
These pictures are from him in the bathtub bc it’s very cold out in PA right now so he’s been in our laundry room. He is still energetic and doesn’t seem to be in pain but I worry that his wings do not look like they always did which were beautiful and and all feathers accounted for. Some are bare and stick out.
He eats pellets and with there being snow and a hard ground I’ve been giving him lettuce/peas/corn.
Thank you in advance.

813116A6-3121-48CD-9757-4936E0152912.jpeg
4DDBF503-995B-4B0A-8DBD-954B8B9EAD1C.jpeg
48510273-6FAF-43E4-912B-497919668400.jpeg
B11B5A1C-0500-4192-8315-268D959CA465.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom