Sore on Beak

alc245

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2016
Upstate New York
Hi everyone, 2 questions we are looking for help with.
1. Our 4 month old buff Orphington has what looks like a sore on her top beak. It has red and black area and looks like the beak is flaking a little, sore is round and maybe 3/4 cm diameter. Any ideas of how I can help her?

2. Our 4 month rainbow has a pinpoint black spot on the tip of her comb and I'm afraid it's going to turn into avian pox, so far she looks healthy and happy, should I be worried?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there! I actually got some advice from a vet and they think it is a keratin defect that should heal on it's own, phew!

Just noticed this on my white Cochin. It had a scab on it that fell off easily. I cleaned it with a little normal saline solution then dabbed blue coat on it. Is it something I can do more about? What could have caused it? Should I be worried? Thanks!

Last edited:

Just noticed this on my white Cochin. It had a scab on it that fell off easily. I cleaned it with a little normal saline solution then dabbed blue coat on it. Is it something I can do more about? What could have caused it? Should I be worried? Thanks!
Keep an eye on it, but most likely it was from a cut possibly through fencing or on a feeder.
Since it had a scab. If it starts to swell, ooze or have pus, then you will need to re-evaluate.

Back
Top Bottom