Sort of a Chicken Newbie

Chicky-Delight

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No I'm not. My parents use to raise chickens for as long as I could remember up until we relocated to Anchorage, AK in 2008 from Sacramento, CA. After spending 15 years here in Alaska,getting married, and buying my own house. I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a little flock of my own going again. My wife pushed at me to go for it, so here I am now. :)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I current have 4 Ayamchicks as of now, with more hatching every hour. 2 different incubator set up with 12 eggs each in there right now.

(3) What breeds do you have?
6 Ayam Cemani(1 hatched on 3/21/23 whichis 2 days early, 5 other pipping as of now), 6 Svart Hona(3 hatched today-3/23/23 other 3 pipping as of now, and 12 Gold Deathlayer(due to hatch March 30th)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Raising my own food, egg producer, just something to help synergize with my future garden.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My other hobbies consist of fishing and hiking. Pretty much anything that lets me go outside and enjoy the Alaskan Wildlife.

(6) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

It was actually the first website I found on google when I had to google up some answers on starting my own little backyard flock.

I look forward to expanding my general chicken knowledge and everything that comes with it! Thank you!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No I'm not. My parents use to raise chickens for as long as I could remember up until we relocated to Anchorage, AK in 2008 from Sacramento, CA. After spending 15 years here in Alaska,getting married, and buying my own house. I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a little flock of my own going again. My wife pushed at me to go for it, so here I am now. :)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I current have 4 Ayamchicks as of now, with more hatching every hour. 2 different incubator set up with 12 eggs each in there right now.

(3) What breeds do you have?
6 Ayam Cemani(1 hatched on 3/21/23 whichis 2 days early, 5 other pipping as of now), 6 Svart Hona(3 hatched today-3/23/23 other 3 pipping as of now, and 12 Gold Deathlayer(due to hatch March 30th)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Raising my own food, egg producer, just something to help synergize with my future garden.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My other hobbies consist of fishing and hiking. Pretty much anything that lets me go outside and enjoy the Alaskan Wildlife.

(6) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

It was actually the first website I found on google when I had to google up some answers on starting my own little backyard flock.

I look forward to expanding my general chicken knowledge and everything that comes with it! Thank you!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom