Sort of emergency eye doctor visit

Glad to hear all is well. If you did detach a retina, you could train Tribble to be the first seeing eye cochin!
gig.gif

Jenn, I used to think the same thing because about 18 different surgeons told me no way. Then I found Dr. Christopher Blanton. The man didn;t even blink. Said yes. I too could never wear soft lens, only hard. EXTREME astigmatism. Google the man. He teachs new surgeons the proper methods for successful LASIK. Maybe there is one in your area he has taught. It was really worth the time and effort it took me to find him.

I just told DBF tonight that Tribble is getting easier & easier to catch. You go to grab her & she zig zags on herself so much that she sorta just goes in a little circle. Pick her & it's all she wrote!

Dumb bird. lol

are your eyes "undilated" ?

i could have gotten lasik while working for the group of doctors, but i decided against it. i was close to 40 and after 40 you at some point need readers, or i could have done the mono one eye for close up and one eye for distance and i dont think i could handle that. some people do fine but not for me.

wendy

I hear you Wendy! I was worried after being told SO MANY times that it can't be done. And my vision was so bad that even if it bought me two years it was worth it. It's been over 5 now, and I do need readers, but I am also 47!!! Some things just come with the territory.

Glad to hear that everything is ok. I have very bad eyesight too, not sure of the specs on it though, I never can remember. I got hit in the eye with a softball when I was 14 and lost sight in that eye for the rest of the day. My retina almost detached. It was a very scary feeling and I remember the doc telling me if I see a curtain of black closing over my eye to get to the eye doc asap.

What does LASIK run now a days? I have been interested in getting it done, just don't have the cash flow right now. I wear hard contacts as well. I tried soft contacts when it came time to get new ones, and I couldn't get used to them so I switched back to the hard ones.

I had Lasix surgery when I was around 34 years old and I can see well until a year or so ago which I knew I would probably need some reader glasses. It was the best thing for me and the scale was minus 6 and minus 8 and I thought I would never get surgery. I had the best doctor in my city and he did a good job and then he transferred to University of Chicago.

The surgery was covered under my insurance which fortunately, they declared it medically necessary before they permantely closed it as not medically necessary within three years span they approved it. Too many people running to the Lasix center and the insurance said its draining their profits and they decided to pull the plug on people needing lasix surgery or corrective lense surgery regardless. (I hated that part but thats another topic about insurance dictating what you can have and can not have regardless of your doctor's orders).

If I didnt have the surgery they told me that I would be facing detactments in one eye or both. That is how bad my sight was and I could not see anything without my glasses at that time.

Funny after all that time, almost nine years after surgery, you still get the habit of reaching over to get your glasses from your bedside table
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom