SOS Sick Duckling

Soos-Quacken

Chirping
Apr 19, 2020
Colorado
Help! We appear to have a sick duckling. Her head is spinning, and she keeps falling over on its back. It is listless, and it is having trouble opening its eyes. We gave it some apple cider vinegar, and we have quarantined her from the other ducks. What does she have? And what can we do for her to give her a chance? Please Help!

Well, unfortunately, she died. Now my primary concern is transmission to the other ducks. Are there any preventative steps we can take to reduce the risk of my other ducklings contracting the disease? And also, we have been feeding them unmedicated chick starter, as we do not have access to duck feed.

All flock is fine, are these ducklings from a hatchery or some you hatched? I’d def get them all on some Nutritional yeast sprinkled over their feed just as a extra boost. Very sorry for your loss :hugs

No not baking yeast that will not be good . You need Nutritional yeast or brewers yeast 1 tablespoon over each cup of feed you give them. I doubt your little duckling had anything catching most likely something just didn’t go right during incubation

Back
Top Bottom