SOS Wry neck baby silkie frizzle

HenSolo123

Chirping
Feb 24, 2023
Please help as soon as possible! 3 1/2 week old frizzle silky was normal when I checked on her this morning, I didn’t notice much when I checked her food two hours ago, just got out the new flock to play and noticed her head look like she had been sleeping weird and it had a kink in it. In the amount of time it took me to Google and realize it was WRY neck, I put her back in the coop to figure out how to treat her, five minutes later, she couldn’t even stand. She was so upside down! Progressing rapidly! I do have vitamin E in my house and I’m holding her trying to help her eat now. First time chick mom only three weeks ago. Didn’t know this was a thing, any help to save her life tonight?!
6896EC33-C7B3-4CA6-A39F-B3FDDADA4A96.jpeg
06CA56CB-A72B-435A-8EA5-56C02769A57B.jpeg
AFDE9821-C1E9-4387-B504-58E6CB5B366E.jpeg

Chicks can actually hatch with it (called star gazing) regarding how fast it can happen.. I'm not sure

Thiamin will be key for treatment in addition to the E.. Any brewers yeast or nutritional yeast around? those might have thiamin.

https://meyerhatchery.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017811331-Wry-Neck

Why is it suffering deficiency?? What is the feed routine including treats and supplements? Possible blocked crop. Sometimes even Marek's.

Hope it recovers quickly! :fl

Chicks can actually hatch with it (called star gazing) regarding how fast it can happen.. I'm not sure

Thiamin will be key for treatment in addition to the E.. Any brewers yeast or nutritional yeast around? those might have thiamin.

https://meyerhatchery.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017811331-Wry-Neck

Why is it suffering deficiency?? What is the feed routine including treats and supplements? Possible blocked crop. Sometimes even Marek's.

Hope it recovers quickly! :fl
Eating only chick feed and some grit. I’m assuming I can’t use my rapid rise yeast I use for homemade bread?

Back
Top Bottom