Sound insulation they won't eat

Quote:
I would think that it would be bad for the poor rooster as there would be no air circulation and he would be in the same dark damp (breathing causes moisture) small space for extended periods of time. Not a healthy environment in my opinion.

I used the 2" HiR sheathing insulation covered with 1/4 inch particle board because the sheathing is made from sugar cane and the chickens eat it. I can't even hear the egg song from inside the coop. Works great!

Bumping this thread up to avoid another "insulation" thread. Lol

We are looking to muffle a morning crow, does not need to be sound proof. Roosters are legal and all the neighbors care about is not being disturbed during the night. As of now his 20 crows starting as early as 5 am have not woken them. I'm hoping they might be good sleepers!:fl

But he is only 16 weeks and not full volume yet.

From my research I am thinking to add a second layer to the back wall inside the coop which faces the neighbors yard. This would be outer plywood, 2" foam sheet insulation and another sheet of plywood covering it. Then I will build a wall/fence panel to set up the entire length of coop and run. With those additions we would end up with 3 barriers total. A double sided insulated wall in the coop, double sided insulated wall/fence panel about 6-12" away from the coop/run and then a 6' wood privacy fence about 2-2.5' away from wall/fence panel. Rooster sleeps inside the coop that has plenty of ventilation which is why I'm opting for multiple barriers and not concentrating only on the coop.

Would this help direct the volume away from the neighbors yard?Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom