Sour Crop After 24 Hours. PLEASE help!

IHeartChickens10

Chirping
Jul 29, 2023
I really need help. So, we found out my chick has sour crop, and for 24 hours we've been giving her ACV, probiotics and electrolytes. We did give her the tiniest bit of mashed hard boiled egg cause she had been looking pretty weak. The 24 hours are up and she is still soo swollen. I don't want to try vomiting her, so is there anything else I should do? She's 1 week old.

I had this happen with a adult hen. I vomited her and it helped but she aspirated because she kept bucking her head up. Aspiration killed her. I joined here to try and help her but ......... She's gone now. I don't know how to help. Only thing i can suggest is take her to the vet. There are many vets that treat chickens.

I had this happen with a adult hen. I vomited her and it helped but she aspirated because she kept bucking her head up. Aspiration killed her. I joined here to try and help her but ......... She's gone now. I don't know how to help. Only thing i can suggest is take her to the vet. There are many vets that treat chickens.
I don't have the money to take her to a vet, and no one is close by either.

Back
Top Bottom