Sour Crop CURED with Monistat

Pics
She will die if she is not properly hydrated and the only way to do that is with a tube or fluids under the skin if she isn't too dehydrated. Once they get too dehydrated, I believe oral and IV are the best delivery methods.

-Kathy

I initially gave her scrambled eggs to eat, but she wasn't too fond of it. She pecked at the layers feed a little, but not as much as I wanted. When I mixed in some scratch grains with the layers feed, she liked that. Then she was eating both because it was mixed in a bowl. I've also watched her pass two stools, but it was not totally normal yet. I was happy to see some solid mixed with the diarrhea, so I believe it is improving. She's also been scratching at the ground and acting like a chicken again! I can bottle feed her some water, as I did that initially with water and baking soda before I found this thread. I might give her some electrolyte/vitamin water for poultry.

We're finished with all of the monistat treatments. She really liked the vitamin water last night, which I was happy to see. I wish she was eating more, but I think she will regain her appetite now that she's done with the medicine. I am so thankful for this thread; it is a life saver! Now I keep a spare box of monistat in case this happens again.

Remember that sour crop or crop stasis is usually the symptom of something else. You might get lucky with your treatments... maybe it was just a simple case of a simple yeast infection. I'd weigh her now, and if she looses more weight, you'll know that there is something else going on.

-Kathy

what do you do to keep the chicken cooler this time of the year.
Jerrey Mae
You might want to start your own thread on that subject, you're' likely to get more answers that way.

-Kathy

And
welcome-byc.gif

Glad I stumbled on this! My hen has a large water balloon crop and I can't get her to eat hardly anything (but luckily she will drink). After morning vomits and filling her with kefir and ACV water there has been no improvements. As a big man heading to the drugstore this morning to buy some Monistat, I'm sure I will get a couple funny looks!
lau.gif

Glad I stumbled on this! My hen has a large water balloon crop and I can't get her to eat hardly anything (but luckily she will drink). After morning vomits and filling her with kefir and ACV water there has been no improvements. As a big man heading to the drugstore this morning to buy some Monistat, I'm sure I will get a couple funny looks!
lau.gif
Read post #125 -Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom