Sour Crop CURED with Monistat

Pics
I cut the monistat suppositories in 1/3. ( 3pcs from 1 suppository and fed to the chicken. If the chicken will not eat it, cut the one-third piece in two and roll them up in a little piece of bread. Give the chicken a small piece of bread (she will gobble it up) then give her the bread with the piece of monistat in it. and then give her the final piece rolled up in a small piece of bread. That is how I did mine. And it wroked great!

It's the second day of administering the suppositories and my hens crop is hard!!! The squish is gone!!! I am so happy! Thank you!!!

Proud Army-Wife,

You are welcome and the real Thanks go to the thread starter and to You and Your Husband!!!

Thank Yall for Your Service to our Country!!!

I'm glad the Monistat is working out for you.

Have A Good Evening!

Thank you so much for that it truly means so much to me
263a.png

I'm trying this method with my poor Biddy-chicken. She first had an impacted crop which responded pretty well to the Dulcolax/crop massage treatment, but now it's turned sour. She regurgitates liquid everytime she puts her head down. It smelled HORRIBLE the first couple days, but today I didn't notice any odor. Her crop is soft and squishy. I cut the suppository in thirds and will give her 1/3 morning and evening. She eagerly gulped down several small bites of bread with tiny bits of suppository wrapped inside. Hopefully it stays down long enough to do some good.

Thank you! You saved my blue Cochins life! I didn't have Brewers yeast so gave her bread yeast. She couldn't stand up yesterday. She moved around on bent legs. This morning she is standing straight again and is bright eyed. Thank you!
:)

Y'all think this would work well for a BB White Turkey? She has a squishy water-balloon type crop, but she's eating, drinking running the yard, honking up a storm and being herself. Her stools have been a bit loose yesterday and today, but when I read this, it gives me hope. I'm just thinking that if you gave 1/3 a suppository morning and night for a chicken, what would you recommend for a turkey?

I just took this of her.

Back
Top Bottom